On Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. the Stanley & Elaine Ball Foundation, managed by Central Trust Company, announced the recipients of its 2019 grant cycle to local, non-profit agencies. Grants were awarded to 15 recipients totaling a community reinvestment of $252,000. Requirements for grant applications included the organization’s ability to enhance educational opportunities and/or provide support for disadvantaged children. There were 59 applications received for this grant period. Below are this year’s recipients.
2019 Stanley and Elaine Ball Foundation Grant Recipients
- Boys & Girls Club of Springfield, Youth of the Year – $500
- Bridge of Faith Community Church, Inc. – $10,000
- Cents of Pride – $15,000
- Children’s Smile Center – $10,000
- Foundation for Springfield Public Schools – $10,000
- Gift of Hope, Inc. – $7,500
- Children’s Miracle Network at CoxHealth – $12,000
- MSU Foundation CASL – $11,000
- Ozarks Food Harvest, Inc. – $10,000
- Ozarks Literacy Council – $5,000
- Springfield Symphony Association – $10,000
- Springfield Workshop – $5,000
- Taneyhills Library Club – $28,000
- Springfield-Greene County Library – $108,000
- Women in Need, Inc. – $10,000
Projects range from providing support to foster children, to mentoring opportunities, to providing basic needs and more.
The grant selection committee was made up of Jo Arcudia, Karen Hall, Diane Homan, Ken Homan, and Patty Johns.