Our Investment Approach
We seek to provide value by looking for opportunities to combine these independent strategies into a cohesive wealth management approach.
- Fiduciary Considerations — Avoid conflicts of interest and always act in our client’s best interest.
- Asset Allocation — We believe in diversifying across asset classes and employing a global perspective.
- Portfolio Construction — We believe in the concepts of core and satellite investing. We use various strategies in efficient and less-efficient markets, balancing the cost of the investment vehicle with the opportunity to add value versus a given benchmark.
- Security Research & Selection — We believe in seeking investment solutions that employ investment processes with diversified opportunities to add value (alpha), in an effort to provide the best long-term results with consistency. This results in recommendations that can include active management and/or passive indexing approaches, which can include separately managed accounts with individual securities, mutual funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs), etc.
- Tax Management — We believe in using effective tax management strategies for taxable clients, when possible. Taxes can be a significant drain on investment performance. We prefer separately managed accounts where appropriate. Tax management also applies to institutional clients that need to maintain their tax-exempt status.
- Rebalance Management — We believe in tax efficiently rebalancing client portfolios to keep the portfolio in line with original risk and return parameters.
- Overlay Management — We believe in applying the best possible technology to manage and rebalance client portfolios relative to their return expectations, risk tolerances and restrictions, while adhering to tax sensitivity, if applicable.