On Thursday, November 15, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. the Stanley & Elaine Ball Foundation, managed by Central Trust Company, announced the recipients of its 2018 grant cycle to local non-profit agencies. Grants were awarded to 18 recipients totaling a community reinvestment of $283,095. Requirements for grant applications included the organization’s ability to enhance educational opportunities and/or provide support for disadvantaged children. 46 applications were received for this grant period. Below are this year’s recipients.
2018 Stanley and Elaine Ball Foundation Grant Recipients
- Big Brother Big Sisters of the Ozarks – $7,500
- Boys & Girls Club of the Ozarks – $3,800
- Boys & Girls Club of Springfield – $500 (yearly commitment)
- Boys & Girls Club of Springfield – $5,000
- Bridge of Faith Community Church – $18,000
- Cents of Pride – $7,500
- Community Foundation of the Ozarks Northwest Project – $100,000 (fourth of five year commitment)
- Council of Churches of the Ozarks – $15,000
- Dogwood Ranch Corporation – $25,000
- Foundation for Springfield Public Schools – $10,000
- Good Samaritan Boys Ranch L.L.C. – $14,830
- Great Circle – $5,000
- I Pour Life – $10,000
- Junior Achievement – $5,000
- Least of These – $10,000
- Missouri State University Foundation – $10,965
- Springfield Symphony Association – $10,000
- Taneyhills Library Club – $25,000
Projects range from providing support to foster children, to mentoring opportunities, to providing basic needs and more.
The grant selection committee was made up of Jo Arcudia, Karen Hall, Diane Homan, Ken Homan, and Patty Johns.